For many older adults, an arts and crafts program may not seem like a necessary investment in your mental health and wellbeing. However, as a person gets older, these programs can help improve socialization opportunities and keep the brain stimulated and healthy. What is the benefit of arts and crafts in your life? Wickshire Senior Living Norman offers a range of solutions to help you embrace this and other programs fitting to your life. For more information about our assisted living services, contact Wickshire Senior Living Norman at 405.360.4755 or using our helpful online form.
What Is the Benefit of Arts and Crafts Then?
The benefits of these senior living programs are numerous, with the most significant being that it is an easy way to improve the individual’s quality of life. Take a look at some of the most common experiences people have with these types of hands-on programs:
- Stress relief: Engaging in arts and crafts programs can help to reduce stress by stimulating the production of endorphins.
- Creative thinking: Arts programs sometimes encourage people to think about things in a way they haven’t before. These programs can stimulate the brain, which improves cognitive function.
- Expression: Even if a person has no skill or experience at all, art and crafts programs work as a positive type of self-expression. They can create anything they want to share emotions, thoughts, and experiences with others.
- Socialization: For older adults, sitting with other people and sharing is a valuable form of socialization, which helps keep the brain healthy.
- Eases memory concerns: For those who may already have the onset of dementia, arts and crafts programs can reduce the complications. It can also help to make managing symptoms a bit easier while creating memories for families and friends.
No matter how you look at these resident programs, they create numerous opportunities for improving the quality of life of older adults. They can keep hand-eye coordination in good condition, stimulate the brain by teaching new skills, and help to support mental health. If you have not embraced these programs yet, now is the time to give them a try.
What Types of Creative Activities Do This?
Don’t limit yourself to one type of art or creative activity, but try many of them. For some, there is something very soothing about pottery and clay. For others, the colors on a canvas help them to express what they are feeling each day. Consider various options, including craft projects for the holidays, extraordinary collages, or creative projects using computers. There are no limits to what you can do, and, as noted, you do not need to have any previous experience or training to benefit from these programs.
Embrace a Range of Programs at Wickshire Senior Living Norman
Our arts and crafts programs are just one way our team helps people achieve a higher quality of life. If you live within our assisted living or other communities, you’ll have access to a more extensive range of activities to enjoy. These are constantly changing to introduce new opportunities and experiences for you.
At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we encourage you to check out numerous programs and senior living services we offer. Doing so can help you find out what they can bring to your life. For instance, our services include:
- Wise and Well program
- Full dining services
- Full transportation services
- Available housekeeping services
- Adult education programs
- Recreational programs
Explore all of the programs we offer at Wickshire Senior Living Norman today. The benefit of arts and crafts, constant support, and activities may be well worth the investment in our community. Take the first step by setting up a visit to see our location. Call 405.360.4755 or connect with our senior living team now online.