Meals on Wheels is a supportive service that delivers food to the home of those in need. The benefits of Meals on Wheels are numerous, and using this service is an option for many people. For those who are living at home and need extra support, this service can prove valuable. For those living within our senior living community at Wickshire Senior Living Norman, our dining services ensure you always have access to the very best meals for your health. To learn about our partnership with Meals on Wheels, please contact Wickshire Senior Living Norman today at 405.451.5572.
Consider the Benefits of Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels provide exceptional services to people who may need a bit of help with access to healthy foods. This is a service that delivers food to your home when it isn’t possible to get to the grocery store. Some of the key benefits of this service include:
- Get food delivered to you. For those who struggle with physical challenges or who cannot get to the grocery store as often as they need to, this type of service delivering food to your door can make a big difference.
- The food is nutritious. One of the biggest problems for many older adults is having access to nutritious foods. It can be hard to make well-balanced meals, especially if you live alone.
- For those that do not cook, Meals on Wheels offers assistance with routinely delivered meals to help. That’s ideal for a surviving spouse, for example, who doesn’t have many cooking skills.
- Improve your health. With access to nutrient-dense foods, including fruits and vegetables, improving a person’s overall health may be possible. That includes improving the immune system, strengthening bones, and maintaining brain health.
- Foods are good tasting too! The meals a person receives can be full of flavor and just what they like. While the meals themselves change often, there is no doubt that they are foods you know and love.
For many people, the Meals on Wheels program provides a valuable and life-changing service. If you are struggling to keep healthy food available for yourself or your loved one, this program can help you.
Meal Services for Older Adults Can Be Life-Changing
Physical mobility issues are a common problem for older adults. They may struggle to prepare meals. Other times, getting to the grocery store or remembering to take frozen foods out to prepare can be a challenge. However, food is critical to a healthy lifestyle. Without access to nutrient-dense foods delivered to their door, many people may find it impossible to maintain good health.
Get the Support You Need at our Senior Living Community Wickshire Senior Living Norman
For men and women who need a bit more help, it may be time to consider an assisted living community. Our location can offer the support you need to meet all of your ongoing needs. That includes providing you with access to essential services such as meal services.
At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, you’ll have access to a wide range of resources to support your health and wellbeing. When times become difficult and you struggle with taking care of yourself or your home, consider our assisted living community.
Whether you need help in your home or you’re thinking about moving to our assisted living community, our team is dedicated to helping you. Some of our services include:
- Full dining services
- Full transportation services
- Housekeeping services and support
- Wise and Well program
- Medication management program
Getting the help you need for managing life doesn’t have to be hard. Meals on Wheels is just one of the tools we can help you with today. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we offer a wide range of services to help you maintain your health and live your best life. Learn more when you call us at 405.451.5572 or reach out online for the guidance you need.