When someone you love has a fatal illness or condition, hospice care offers comfort and support during their final days. While you can choose hospice care within our location, for many people, keeping their loved one at home is most important. Hospice care at home is comfortable and provides the support your loved one needs. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we want to ensure your loved one has access to the right type and level of senior living care for their needs. To learn more about our services, please contact Wickshire Senior Living Norman today at 405.360.4755.
What Is Hospice Care at Home?
Hospice is a time when people stop pursuing a curative treatment and instead focus on comfort care for as long as they have left. It may last just a few days. Other times, it lasts up to six months. However, during this time, most people need additional support. A team of professionals can come and be with your loved one and family during this time at your home. The level and amount of support they offer are always based on your specific needs. However, round-the-clock support is available.
What Are the Benefits of Hospice Care Itself?
Hospice care allows your loved one to remain comfortable during the last days, weeks, or months of their life. During this time, your loved one will have access to the medications they need to minimize pain. They’ll also have professionals who can help with hygiene and other needs they have. Hospice care allows your loved one to feel better so they can enjoy the last moments of life more fully.
What Are the Benefits of Hospice Care at Home?
It is possible to enter into a hospice program and live at a residential location. However, many people want to go home for their final weeks and months of life. That is an option available to your loved one. Some key benefits may come from this type of care:
- Your loved one will receive all of the support and care they need in the comfort of their home. Comprehensive and customized care is provided.
- Your loved one will no longer have to be in a noisy hospital. For those that want more privacy and better comfort, nothing is better than being at home.
- In some areas, where there are numerous restrictions on hospital access, that’s no longer a concern. Your loved one can get as many visitors as they want during their last days without any problems.
- They’ll be able to remain in their home doing and living the life that they have always loved. Being surrounded by their home can be comforting to your loved one.
- Many people want to pass away at home surrounded by family and without pain. This is something that can happen in residential hospice care.
Are You Unsure What Type of Care Is Best for Your Loved One?
You have choices. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we provide your loved one with access to a number of treatment options and care settings. Your loved one can also use any of our services at home or within our residential home. Some of the services we offer include:
Most importantly, we are happy to help you make a decision that’s fitting for your loved one’s specific needs. Every person’s wishes should be met, which means always having access to the support your loved one needs in the right space, whether at home or in our hospice center.
Choose the Community at Wickshire Senior Living Norman
It’s a difficult decision, but hospice care at home is one of the options available to your loved one. If you’re unsure about this senior living option or want to learn more, call Wickshire Senior Living Norman at 405.360.4755 or connect with us online now. We’re happy to help guide you through this process one step at a time.