Joint pain is debilitating. When the fluid-filled sacs located in the joint wear down and the bones rub together, this can create intense pain and discomfort. Finding chronic pain relief is often the goal, but it may not be as easy as people expect. There are numerous holistic therapies that may help you. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we encourage you to explore all types of therapy that may help you. To learn about our therapeutic options, please contact our senior living team today at 405.360.4755
Chronic Pain Relief Solutions for Joint Pain
It’s natural not to want to move when it hurts to do so. Yet, one thing that’s most often true about joint pain is that moving can reduce pain when done properly. There are a number of other types of pain relief options that may help as well.
- Hot and cold compresses: Rotating hot and cold compresses on the area can help provide some pain relief. This treatment works best after you’ve gone for a walk or engaged in other forms of exercise. It may help over the long term on days when the pain is more.
- Physical therapy: Learning to move the joint properly reduces inflammation. This inflammation typically causes the most pain, but it eases with natural, proper movement you’ll learn in physical therapy.
- Massage therapy: Some people also find massage to be beneficial. The proper manipulation of the tissues, muscles, and joints can stimulate healing in the area by driving oxygen- and nutrient-rich blood to the area.
- Non-impact exercise: Swimming and biking are two examples of non-impact exercises that can naturally reduce joint pain. Without the actual impact of a test, this treatment can help to increase muscle strength, reducing chronic pain.
- Acupuncture: Some people see a significant amount of benefit from acupuncture. It works to diverse oxygen-rich blood to the area and aids in overall inflammation relief.
Chronic pain relief is a critical factor when it comes to improving overall health and quality of life. If you are struggling with significant pain, don’t withdraw from activities and experiences. Instead, reach out to your doctor and physical therapist for specific strategies that can help you.
Chronic Pain Relief Through Therapy
As noted, physical therapy can be one of the best tools for you. If you have to have joint replacement procedures or injections into your joints, use this time to start therapy. Both occupational and physical therapy can increase the function of these joints, often reducing the amount of wear and tear on them. This treatment can help to provide significant help in movement throughout the day. It is one of the senior living services we offer as a part of your care.
Getting Chronic Pain Relief at Wickshire Senior Living Norman
We provide a range of therapies and assisted living programs aimed at helping you to thrive in our senior living community. If you are looking for an assisted living community or you need some help with daily tasks, let us provide help. We can help you with therapy as well as provide a safe place for you to live and heal. Take a look at some of the programs we offer and determine if they can help you while you recover from your joint pain and mobility concerns:
- Assisted living care
- Home health care
- Wise and Well Care
- Hospice care services
- Respite care services
- Healthy eating and meals
Joint pain limits your ability to do the things you want to as often as you would like. That’s why rehabilitation and treatment can help. It may even provide the chronic pain relief you need. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we offer physical therapy that can provide this to you. Learn more about our programs and senior living services when you call 405.360.4755 or connect with us online.