Taking care of yourself is essential. It can help you manage your mental and physical health. As you get older, it becomes more important than ever to have a self-care routine that supports your needs even as they change. You don’t have to do this on your own. Our Wise and Well program at Wickshire Senior Living Norman is an excellent place to find support. Whether you live within our community or at home, you can invest in a few key changes to improve your health. For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Wickshire Senior Living Norman today at 405.451.5572.
What Is Your Self-Care Routine?
Many people don’t put enough time and effort into managing their health and mental well-being needs, leading to later complications. However, it doesn’t have to be hard to create a self-care routine today that can improve your future. There are many components to consider. Here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Spend time outdoors each day. Even if just for a few minutes, the sun and fresh air can be good for reducing stress and clearing your mind.
- Eat a diet that gives you energy and nutrients. Instead of sugary foods, take better care of yourself with a well-balanced diet. You’ll feel better with foods your body can use properly.
- Get physical activity each day. Moving your muscles and joints helps you maintain them. It also can help with heart health.
- Spend time with friends and family. Even if you don’t have transportation, make it a point to video conference each person each week. Doing this can help you feel connected.
- Engage with others daily. That may include holding a conversation with a friend or spending time playing a card game. What’s most important is finding a way to connect.
- Ensure you maintain your personal hygiene. It’s important for your health but also helps your feel good about yourself.
- Keep a journal to record thoughts and feelings. List ideas and jot down valuable memories. This can help you reflect on life in your own way.
These are just a few ideas for creating a self-care routine. Now, create a plan for this. Write down the things you plan to do each day. Check them off as you do so. Soon, it will become a habit, and you’ll be able to work on your needs consistently.
Practicing Self Care in an Assisted Living Community
For those who are living in an assisted living community, you can still engage in all of these types of self-care. Keep in mind there’s ample help available to you to make this possible, too. Work closely with the staff to talk about your needs and goals. Choose activities that really interest you and participate within the community as a whole. That may mean talking to others, discussing your needs with staff, and working to improve your diet and fitness regimen.
At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we value your health and your desire to live a life that’s best suited for your needs. We are happy to help you create a self-care routine that will meet your needs and help you take care of yourself fully. We can help you with practicing self-care by providing you with the support you need including through services such as:
- Wise and Well program
- Housekeeping services
- Medication management program
- Transportation services
- Dining services
For more information about our services, please get in touch with Wickshire Senior Living Norman today.
Get the Care You Need at Wickshire Senior Living Norman
Establishing a self-care routine is an excellent way to work on health and prevent the onset of health problems. To make that possible, you need the right support services. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we offer that type and level of care. Learn more about our services. Call us at 405.451.5572 or connect with us online for help.