While vaccines are moving out and people are starting to get back to life, it’s clear the social distancing, especially for older adults, remains critically important to long-term health and well-being. That doesn’t mean life has to be complex. Social distancing activities can be enjoyable and engaging without putting you at risk for COVID-19. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we offer the recreational program you need to stay active. For more information about our community, please reach out to our team today at 405.360.4755.
What Are Some Options for COVID-Friendly Activities?
Socially distancing activities can be very effective at helping to minimize the amount of contact a person has with others. That means staying at least six feet away. It may also mean moving group meetings outside or in an open space. It is also essential to do things like wearing a mask and keeping areas clean.
When you consider all of that, it may seem there may not be a whole lot of things to do. That’s not the case. There are several things you can do to socialize with others. Some examples of COVID-friendly activities include:
- Arts and crafts programs are an excellent option. You may not sit closely, but you can still be in the same room engaging in a project with other people.
- Group outings are still possible. The key here is to ensure you book activities at low traffic times (such as during off-hours) and keep your distance from others.
- Going for a walk on a trail is another excellent way to stay active while also socializing safely. Staying outdoors is the best option.
- Plan a movie night with others in small groups. While everyone can sit in the same room, they need to spread out to minimize risks.
- Do virtual events such as virtual tours of museums or parks. This activity is a fantastic way to experience the world around you in a safe manner.
- Engage in games safely. For example, consider hallway bingo or karaoke. It’s easy to have some fun with a hallway dance party if everyone participates.
COVID-Friendly Activities and Technology
Perhaps you want to share a conversation with a close friend. You may want to spend some time meeting with friends to chat as a group. Do this online. You can use Zoom and other technology with ease, even if you have never used these services before. It becomes easy to talk for hours with friends and family using laptops, computers, or smartphones. You don’t have to give up those relationships that are so important to your overall well-being.
Learn More About Wickshire Senior Living Norman
With an engaging staff, our team is happy to help you find ways to have some fun with others. We offer things educational programs, arts and crafts programs, and fitness programs that can help you to stay engaged. Furthermore, we’ve designed our recreational programs to keep you active while ensuring you always have time for some fun. You may also find yourself feeling better about managing the risk of COVID when you have some help doing so.
Check out our programs to find out how you can be a part of it all:
- Assisted living community
- Home health care services
- Onsite dining services
- Hospice care and services
- Respite care services
Social distancing activities are possible in an assisted living community. When it comes to finding ways to spend time with friends, our team at Wickshire Senior Living Norman can offer a range of services to support you. All you have to do is to seek out the help you need from our friendly staff. Call us now at 405.360.4755 or connect with our senior living team online.