For those who require a bit more support at home, it may be time to consider the value of assisted living services. Designed to provide your loved one with the level of care they need, your loved one may find this is the ideal place to live. Some people find transitioning to assisted living to be an overwhelming experience. It does not have to be that challenging, especially when your loved one has the support they need. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, our team is here to help. Call 405.360.4755 today to learn more about our services.
Make the Right Decisions Before Transitioning to Assisted Living
Perhaps the most crucial first step is to ensure you choose the right location for your loved one’s needs. That makes transitioning easier because everyone involved knows your loved one’s needs will be met from the first day. You can book a visit with the location to look around to see how well it fits your needs. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, we offer a wide range of amenities and features to help you and your family through the process. Some of those services include:
- Senior housekeeping services
- Recreational programs
- Arts and crafts programs
- Dining services
- Wise and Well program
- Medication management
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy
When you choose to make Wickshire Senior Living Norman your loved one’s new home, our senior living team is available to help them transition into care with ease.
Tips and Strategies for Transitioning to Assisted Living
Even in the best of situations, it is a big change to manage. However, most people will find that they feel organized and ready to get back to enjoying life within a matter of days. These tips can help you and your loved one with the process.
- Pack deliberately. That is, pack for what your loved one needs first. Then pack things that they want to have available to them all of the time. The key here is to downsize so that they have the comfort they desire at their new home.
- Give your loved one time to adjust emotionally. No one is ready to make this move without any struggle. Yet, it is a good idea to reach out to friends and family to make sure they have someone to talk to during the process.
- Make sure the living space feels right to them. It should have enough room, but also the furnishings that they need and like. They can make it their own by adding family mementos and setting up the furniture layout the way they desire.
- Talk to your loved one’s neighbors and engage in programs as soon as possible. Your loved one will want to feel comfortable around the location and engaged with what’s happening around them. It improves their quality of life.
- Make sure you stay in connection with your loved one. Set up your loved one’s home with electronics that help them to stay connected. Be sure they are familiar with visiting opportunities and welcome family and friends to stop by when they can.
Each one of these steps can help make your loved one’s move a bit easier. It is not always a simple process, but it can prove to be the ideal way for them to continue to live the life they desire with more of the support they need. Many people find that this is an excellent way to get back to living a healthy lifestyle when things at home were a bit too hard to manage.
Reach Out to Wickshire Senior Living Norman for Help
When your loved one is ready to start transitioning to assisted living, let our team at Wickshire Senior Living Norman provide you with all of the support and guidance your family needs. Their new home is everything they need to live a happy and comfortable future. Our dedicated providers are ready to support your loved one. To learn more about our senior living services, call 405.360.4755 or connect with us online today.