Reading is a delightful experience for many people. It is an opportunity to learn, explore new topics, and gain insight into the way other people think. For some, it’s relaxing. For others, it’s a way to expand the mind. As a person gets older, having access to library programs is even more critical. At Wickshire Senior Living Norman, you’ll have that tool along with a comprehensive adult education program. To learn about our library and services for older adults, please contact our team today at 405.451.5572.
Why Are Library Programs So Important?
Having an onsite library at our location provides an opportunity for seniors to have something to read at any time, day or night. That’s just the start of the benefits it can offer. Other benefits include:
- Encourage learning which can help to maintain brain cognition with the ability to learn constantly.
- Explore topics of interest to keep a person happy and satisfied. Having access to new content in interesting areas is always beneficial.
- Reduce stress with reading. For many people, reading is an escape into a new world with much to learn and explore. That stress relief can benefit anyone.
- Engage in social activities through reading clubs. Just spending some time reading with friends in the community and having an open discussion can be beneficial to overall mental health.
- Tap into something new. For those who have more time now to enjoy their life, learning is an excellent way to spend that time. Learning from educational programs and books enables a person to continue to stimulate their mind.
Our library services are designed to provide you with access to excellent resources. We work to keep modern titles and old favorites available, always ensuring you have something to engage in that’s interesting to you.
Library Programs for Seniors Keep Our Residents Sharp
When it comes down to it, spending some time reading could be just what you need to keep your brain stimulates and your energies focused. For men and women who may not have a strong history of reading, this is an excellent way to get started. Spend some time with friends enjoying a conversation about a good book. Or, take one of our educational programs to learn something brand new to you. Adult education is an excellent tool in the fight against dementia, according to some studies. It may be just what you need to stay healthy and engaged.
Expect Outstanding Services from Our Team
Our library services are just one of the many tools we offer to help our residents enjoy a higher quality of life. When you live within our community, you’ll have access to a wide range of tools to help you. No matter what interests you, we encourage you to let us know how we can help. Some of the senior services and programs we offer include:
- Full dining services
- Recreational programs and activities
- Arts and crafts programs
- Housekeeping services and support
- Medication management services
- Wise and Well program
If you love to read and want access to our library services, reach out to our team. We’re happy to help you in any way we can, including helping to ensure you always have access to the books and content that you desire. Learn more about the library services and programs we offer to find out how you can remain engaged, learning, and relaxing with a good book and perhaps even a good conversation.
Call Wickshire Senior Living Norman to Explore All of Our Services
With a range of library programs to offer, Wickshire Senior Living Norman aims to keep you engaged and learning. For those who are ready to read a good book, take an educational program, or dive into something new, reach out to our team today to learn more. Call 405.451.5572 or reach out to us now online for the support you need.